The Controller of Examinations acts as the Head of the Examination Committee where he has the right to speak and place all concerned papers and otherwise take part in the proceedings of the committees. His advice are been recorded in the proceedings of the committee. Further he exercises such powers and performs such duties as from time to time been assigned by the Principal. In particular the Controller of Examinations performs the following duties namely:
Prepares a calendar of all examinations to be conducted by the Board during a year well in advance preferably at the beginning of the Academic Year.
Calls for applications from candidates for various examinations of the Board and scrutinize all such applications with reference to the relevant regulations.
Prepares detailed programmes of various examinations and circulates to all concerned, even sends programmes, admit cards, question papers, seating arrangements and other examination materials to various examination hall in time.
Takes all steps for appointment of examiners, tabulation and publication of results in accordance.
The Little Flower has proven ability and adequate set up for conducting all its examinations. The office of the Controller of Examination has all the facilities such as computer facilities ,strong room and adequate staff to conduct the examinations and publish the results. The central valuation system is followed. Dummy numbers are used to maintain confidentiality. The institution follows a very clear, well- planned calendar which schedules the examination. Evaluation is on the basis of both continuous internal assessment and external end term examinations. Using an office automation system the teacher can key in internal assessment and laboratory marks in to the central data bank at the Controllers office within a stipulated time. Final results are normally announced within 10 working days of the last examination.
The components of the internal assessment (quiz, tests, term papers, etc.) and their weightages are published every year in the beginning of the year and the students themselves can compute their internal marks based on their performance. At the end of the term, the internal marks are displayed so that the students can verify their marks.
We, at Examination Section, envisage the need for radical reforms in traditional examination and assessment system and are working towards evolving a credible, valid, effective and transparent evaluation system that responds confidently to the challenges and newer demands of a knowledge society.
• We have set ourselves for adopting technology to facilitate easy interface for exchange of information.
• Devise and monitor strategies and implementation of useful examination practices at school.
• Provide guidelines for creating and including questions in the banks which then can act as the sole source for question paper generation.
• Create question banks for various subjects and courses to facilitate random selection of question papers.
• Inform and train teaching and non-teaching faculty members about the conduct and organization of examination and examination material.
• Strengthen Student Facilitation Centre for prompt response and delivery of student queries.
• Coordinate with all other higher and regulatory board to ensure credibility and stability to examination system.
• Respect autonomy, promote excellence and inclusiveness where they exist and are due.